From the Bower : Patterns of collecting
- Authors: Button, Loris , Klein, Deborah , Saxton, Louise , Wilson, Carole
- Date: 2017
- Type: Text , Visual art work
- Full Text: false
- Description: Exhibition at Art Gallery of Ballarat, 29th July-19th September 2017. This exhibition presenting artwork and items from the unique personal collections of four contemporary Victorian artists: Loris Button, Deborah Klein, Louise Saxton and Carole Wilson. The artists are linked by their studio practice, their regional locations and connections, and their love of gleaning. Their studio collections range from curiosities, natural history specimens, memorabilia, discarded books and china, domestic textiles, carpet and linoleum, and old tools of trade.
Domesticating surface, domesticating space : valuing "home" in art during the twentieth century
- Authors: Saxton, Louise
- Date: 2002
- Type: Text , Thesis , Masters
- Full Text:
- Description: "This research project aims to shed light on the important role that domesticity has played in art, during the twentieth century. The research proposes that the mundane activities, the ordinary objects and the everyday life of home informs and at times has determined, many historical and contemporary works of art including my own."
- Description: Master of Arts (Visual Art)