- MODEL : motif-based deep feature learning for link prediction
- Wang, Lei; Ren, Jing; Xu, Bo; Li, Jianxin; Luo, Wei; Xia, Feng
- Text; Journal article
- ISBN:2329-924X (ISSN)
- Link prediction plays an important role in network analysis and applications. Recently, approaches for link prediction have evolved from traditional similarity-based algorithms into embedding-based algorithms. However, most existing approaches fail to exploit the fact that real-world networks are different from random networks. In particular, real-world networks are known to contain motifs, natural network building blocks reflecting the underlying network-generating processes. In this article, we propose a novel embedding algorithm that incorporates network motifs to capture higher order structures in the network. To evaluate its effectiveness for link prediction, experiments were conducted on three types of networks: social networks, biological networks, and academic networks. The results demonstrate that our algorithm outperforms both the traditional similarity-based algorithms (by 20%) and the state-of-the-art embedding-based algorithms (by 19%). © 2014 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- IEEE Transactions on Computational Social Systems Vol. 7, no. 2 (2020), p. 503-516
- Copyright Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- This metadata is freely available under a CCO license
- Open Access
- 0801 Artificial Intelligence and Image Processing; 0906 Electrical and Electronic Engineering; Autoencoder; Deep learning; Link prediction; Network embedding; Network motif
- Full Text
- Hits: 1820
- Visitors: 2087
- Downloads: 328
|View Details Download||SOURCE1||Submitted||6 MB||Adobe Acrobat PDF||View Details Download|